Commitment

Sunday, May 5, 2013


Real commitment is selling your intro-level Canon DSLR and switching brands to match your boyfriend's intermediate-level Nikon. I'm not sure who in their right mind decided that the negative side of the light meter should be on the right. He had better be damn worth this atrocity.

It also takes real commitment to sell a DSLR on craigslist. 19 interested parties to get to the real buyer!

I shot with this Nikon D5100 and 18-200mm lens the entire time I've been in Japan. It's pretty nice to have a kit lens + modest zoom lens all in one, although it does add a bit to the weight. This guy's a bit of a chunk. I think in the future I'm going to want a really nice prime lens for portraits and still life. Then I can die camera-fulfilled.

2 comments:

My Garden Diaries said...

My sis is a photographer and she is a Nikon lady...Good luck with your new beauty! I need a camera desperately!

Unknown said...

It's amazing how much lighter mine is when the prime is on as compared to my zoom. Which is saying something as the camera itself isn't exactly a light-weight!