Success: Brown Rice Bowl with Chard and Romesco Sauce

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Brown Rice Bowl with Chard and Romesco Sauce

Awhile back, I saw this PhD Comic basically commenting on how babies, the elderly, and grad students eat food out of a bowl and I found it ignorant. While I understand the point, that grad students eat a lot of cheap/instant ramen, it sort of completely negates the approach to cuisine belonging to large portions of the world. That is, when in Japan, one eats from a lot of bowls. This brown rice bowl with chard and romesco sauce from TheKitchn is not necessarily of Japanese descent (romesco sauce is generally known to be Spanish), and yet it too can be eaten from a bowl. Although, I am a graduate student so perhaps you should not trust my fondness for food from bowls?

The chard+romesco is tasty, but the recipe produces a lot of romesco sauce. Plan on using it on your roasted veggies throughout the week!

Brown Rice Bowl with Chard and Romesco Sauce

0 comments: