Whitewater Rafting the Yough'

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Whitewater Rafting in Ohiopyle

J and I took advantage of a deal on whitewater rafting the lower Youghiogheny river. 5 hours of rafting with Class III and IV rapids and a deli meat sandwich spread for $15 a head is pretty good. There were tons of boats that completely flipped and some people even fell out of their boat 5 times. We only lost two people (J being one of them), so our steep improvement after the first challenging rapid was quite useful. Steering those suckers can be challenging when the water wants you to go in the opposite direction.

And when we returned, I saw this someecard at the top of my Facebook news feed, which is incredibly appropriate:

Whitewater Rafting in Ohiopyle
Whitewater Rafting in Ohiopyle
Whitewater Rafting in Ohiopyle
Taking a bus to push off
Whitewater Rafting in Ohiopyle

2 comments:

rooth said...

Love rafting and hopefully nobody got too banged up falling into the water - those rocks can be merciless

j said...

I've never been white water rafting but I've always wanted to try it. Maybe on the easy parts though because I'd be the one in the water. :)