Sunday, January 8, 2017
J fell in love with his aunt's kahlua pecan cake a few months back, when there was some leftover coffee booze from a party. And here we are now with a repeat of the same, but with a typed-up recipe to accompany it. It's suuuuuper sweet, but quite tasty.
Kahlua Pecan Cake RecipeBy Jodi Goldblatt (Beth El Nursery School)
- 1 package Golden Butter Duncan Hines Cake Mix (not yellow)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 [3 3/4oz] package instant vanilla pudding
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup Kahlua
- Greased and floured bundt pan
- To cake mix, add eggs one at a time, and beat well.
- Mix in sour cream, pudding, oil, and vanilla.
- Separate batter in half.
- Stir brown sugar, Kahlua, and pecans into 1/2 the batter.
- Pour half of the plain batter into a greased and floured bundt pan.
- Spoon in all the Kahlua batter; then top with remaining plain batter and swirl with a knife.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/4 hours, but check at 55 minutes for doneness.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.