Success: Buttercup & Acorn Squash Soup with Maple Bacon

Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Buttercup Squash Soup w Maple Bacon
I followed Farmhouse on Boone's Recipe for Pumpkin Acorn Squash Soup, but replaced the pumpkin with a hefty buttercup squash...and used maple bacon to give a more autumnal flavor. It's a simple, but tasty soup. I've also made a version of this swapping out the acorn squash for some potatoes, and using crispier bacon. I think squash > potato in this soup.

Also, this was made with the vegetable broth from the previous post. My soups are making more soups!!!!!!

Buttercup Squash Soup w Maple Bacon

I've made, like, a million squash soups this season...after having not done anything with winter squashes previously...Maybe it's a New England thing?

1 comments:

rooth said...

I've been eating so much soup this winter, currently loving potato chowder