Harvesting: Radish

Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Radish Harvest (~4 weeks)

Radishes are weird. I'm not really sure why my one batch of French Breakfast Radishes could be harvested at 4 weeks (and were HUGE) and the other batches at 5 and 6 weeks are still pretty tiny. Ah the joys of gardening, always a learning experience (and a mystery?).
Anyways, I've been harvesting these French Breakfast radishes for a couple weeks now.
Radish Harvest (~4 weeks)
4 weeks
Radish Harvest (~6 weeks)
~6 weeks


I've found they're best sliced and sauteed in some butter with their greens. And a sprinkling of fleur de sel to finish.
Sauteeing Radishes & Greens in Butter w Fleur de Sel

I plant one row, and then a week later another row, and another week another row. So this should've given me 3 harvests of radishes, but I believe the quality of soil might be messing with speed of growth.
The speedy grower:
Growing French Breakfast Radishes
Growing French Breakfast Radishes
The slow grower:
Growing French Breakfast Radishes
Growing French Breakfast Radishes

Either wat, not bad for a first time growing radishes! Almost no effort. Plant the seeds and then water them every now and then...and wait.

0 comments: