Harvesting: Black Cherry Tomatoes

Sunday, October 3, 2021

Chocolate Cherry Tomatoes
August 30, 2021

This season I changed the proportions of tomato plants that I grew. Instead of 3 Cherokee Purple (slicers) and 1 Little Mama (paste), I grew 2 Purple Cherokee + 2 Black Cherry + 2 Amish Paste, which has provided a much better variety of tomatoes.

Chocolate Cherry Tomatoes
August 30, 2021

These black cherry tomatoes from BakerCreekSeeds gave me a nice germination rate. A very nice germination rate, so I was able to share with many other gardeners. They have a sweet taste, but not as sweet as Sun Gold. I suppose it's a pretty classic cherry tomato, and even I like to snarf the occasional black cherry tomato here or there. I am not a raw tomato person, but these are tasty!

Chocolate Cherry Tomatoes
August 30, 2021

1 comments:

rooth said...

Your tomatoes look so good! Our tomato plant stopped producing in July - it got way too hot. Next year we'll have to plant it in some shade