MeMade Clothing: Nocturne Sleeveless Pajama Sets

Sunday, January 21, 2024

Am I batch-sewing Sew Liberated Nocturne Pajamas because all my existing PJs are falling apart and/or don't fit? Yes, yes I am.

Nocturne Pajama Set - Sleeveless Nocturne Pajama Set - Sleeveless

A few extra hacks on this Nocturne top: it's a size 12 with 2.5" added to length (as always). All raw edges enclosed via burrito method. I added in flat piping from a 1.5" bias strip as I attached the front yoke to the front of the shirt to coordinate with the contrast back yoke. I made this sleeveless using more 1.5" bi-fold bias strips.
All the PJ tops also have about ~1" of gathering fabric removed from the front, and up to 1.5" from the back (just by moving those pattern pieces just past the fabric fold).
I used two colors of Joann Fabrics Double Gauze and mauve check viscose for the pockets to coordinate with my other two PJ shorts sets. Shorts are a size 16 with a 6.5" inseam using the Helen's Closet Arden Shorts Hack, w a squared-off outer seam (as in the previous post).

Nocturne Pajama Top - Sleeveless Nocturne Top - Sleeveless

This one was the last top I made, made from scraps of all the rest of the Nocturne Pajamas, and I actually purchased slightly less fabric than the pattern recommended...this is why the bulk of this color block tank is made with the 60" Joann Fabrics double gauze, and not the 45" viscose plaid prints! It's a size 12 with 2.5" added to length. All raw edges enclosed via burrito method. I made this sleeveless using 1.5" bi-fold bias strips. ~1" of gathering fabric removed from the front and back, just as in previous versions. I'm really digging the 1.5" flat piping with the plaid fabric here...although, I should've made it bias cut so that it stretches, rather than flips up, when worn. You live & you learn!

0 comments: