Soup Weekends

Monday, November 29, 2010

Lentil Soup with Andouille Sausage

I walked down the stairs and found my dad toasting fennel. This is a man whose specialty is steak and mashed potatoes...and undercooked rice. This is a man who refuses to cook anything that takes longer than 15 minutes prep time. His Lentil Soup with Andouille Sausage breaks the rules by about...1 hour and 45 minutes*. I'm not complaining, the end product is delicious, with just a pinch of spiciness.

Kielbasa Soup (aka "Hot Dog Soup")

And of course, mom made her kielbasa soup (otherwise known as "hot dog soup") which is so popular at home, we eat it for dessert. Nothing says stomach satisfaction quite like kielbasa, corn, potatoes, milk and lima beans.

* The reason for this anomaly has to do with mom disappointedly noting that a frequented restaurant no longer had her favorite sausage soup, and so dad fixed that.

2 comments:

Mollie said...

recipes please, iris

h said...

I would provide the recipe if I had it...I'll have to see if I can get it from her.