Conference Season Begins: Switzerland

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

La Clusaz

This past week consisted of: a 'technology-enhanced learning' opera, a 45 minute nighttime climb in the French Alps in the freezing rain, the best 6 days of eating in my entire life, an art museum whose pieces were collected almost entirely from patients at insane asylums, lots and lots of trains, walking up steep cobblestone roads, being harassed at lunch by a drunk old man who only spoke French, some amazing views of the Alps, and a visit to my sister and rainmelon.

Lausanne from the Tower

And just like that, conference season has begun! The workshop was stationed in La Clusaz, France but I extended my stay with a weekend in Geneva and Lausanne, Switzerland. It's hard to believe it's been over a year since I traveled for work. The research-life involves a lot of travel.

Sunset over the Alps Geneva's Jet d'Eau

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm a bit jealous you got to do some hiking!

h said...

Yeah, some hiking in the dark & mud, lol. I've had better hikes...

Margaret said...

Awwe man. Making me homesick. I used to be able to see the Jet d'Eau of Geneva from my backyard each day and woke up to Mont Blanc as I ate my yoghurt...