Goin' Weddin'-Attendin'

Friday, August 5, 2011

I've been putting together an outfit for a New Jersey wedding that is part one of the Yosemite trip. It's a good thing I recently achieved frequent flyer preferred status, or we'd be paying a boatload in checked luggage fees! If it weren't for it being all work travel, 60 hours in airports/airplanes is really not worth it to save a couple hundred dollars.


Anyways, I picked up La Posh Style's Under the Willow Dress for its folksy charm, but it also has a side effect of making my legs look one million miles long, although, being 5'11" might contribute to that effect somewhat. I'm throwing in some cute silver bird bobby pins, the brilliant Like Lace necklace from Orange Slice (which I've been eyeing for so long), and topping it all off with a metallic wristlet for holding tchotchkes. The yellow scarf is just in case the event gets a bit chilly, and the 'ole trusty standby T-strap wedge sandals complete the outfit.

The dress packs small, which is a bonus considering how much stuff I must lug around for this trip. A wedding, wine-tasting, ocean swimming, backpacking, and city sightseeing is a wide range of activity, requiring the full spectrum of clothing.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Way sweet outfit! Good luck packing for all of those plans. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Jealous of all your travels...

P.S. I'm making spring rolls! How did I not think of this sooner...

Anonymous said...

I love the outfit you put together! Looks like you will have a fun/busy few days!

Jamie said...

What an incredible outfit!

Stephanie said...

That dress is absolutely gorgeous!!! Hope you have a fantastic time at the wedding! :-)

Jenna @ LaFemmeLaFanciful.com said...

Love the dress! And longer looking legs are always a plus :) Gorgeous outfit !

A Fine Balance said...

Its a beautiful dress. and I loveeee the title of your blog!

Rani said...

beautiful outfit woman!!! Have a wonderful time! pictures maybe?

Brandi said...

This outfit will be so adorable for a wedding, especially a summer one. I'm going to one here in New Jersey tomorrow, though it's unfortunately a super dressy one. Good luck with all your travel plans! It's nice to know you'll be in NJ -- who knows, the wedding could be close to where I live.

Unknown said...

This outfit will be gorgeous! I love all your planning with the picture collages, I might try that the next time I travel. I always seem to forget something...

Rosie said...

I love the colours of the dress, they are really interesting and eye catching!