Success: Nectarine Cobbler [omg]

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Nectarine Cobbler

I brought this Nectarine Cobbler from Bon Appetit to a going away party for some dear friends. And it disappeared. In 30 minutes. I had to grab some before I grabbed dinner, it was going so fast.

Nectarine Cobbler...after 15 minutes Nectarine Cobbler...after 30 minutes
15 minutes after arrival...30 minutes after arrival


This cobbler is tasty, especially with a large dollop of homemade whipped cream (yeah, I went there). It's sweet, but not too sweet (the 'biscuit' part sort of evens the flavor tones all out). It's not too challenging, as there isn't a need to peel the nectarines. And really, the amount of compliments you get for this dessert is worth any amount of hand-pinching butter into flour mixture.

Nectarine Cobbler

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Ooh, nectarines and biscuits like that? Yes please! I've been making lots of crumbs lately. Especially with peaches. Fruit desserts are just so incredible. (Especially with whipped cream or ice cream on the side.)

Kris said...

This looks awesome so I'm making it tomorrow for a friend's birthday. I only have a 2lb bag of nectarines though so I'll halve it and bake in a pie pan.

I always thought whipped cream was gross, but I'd only ever had cool whip. Then I made my own and now I know it's amazing. :)