Annual Pilgrimage to Washington DC

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Gloomy Washington Memorial from the Constitution Gardens Pond

I'm a government-funded graduate student and as such, I make a yearly pilgrimage to Washington DC for somesuch research conference or another. I only had a few hours to spare before meeting up with rainmelon and eating the best meal of my life at Zaytinya, but I was able to capture a few shots of the gloominess that is DC in the rain.

Flower Mallard Ducks on the Constitution Gardens Pond
WWII Memorial Under my umbrella
Rain on Constitution Gardens Pond The White House

8 comments:

Jenna @ LaFemmeLaFanciful.com said...

Rainy days are my favorite kind! :) And I love DC!!

Rosie said...

I love how well you captured the feeling of the rain.

Anonymous said...

DC is a beautiful city! And I love rain :)

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous photos! I definitely need to visit DC more often. Despite the fact that one of my best friends lives there and I only live 3 1/2 hours away, this past August was my first trip there in about 3 years!!

{ T G L } said...

Nice shots! I especially like the one of the White House lit up against the grey night. Hope you had a good time in Washington. Long live the grad student high life! :)

All the best,
This Good Life

Nicole said...

You were in my neck of the woods! Isn't Zaytinya great? I went there a while back for DC Restaurant Week and the food was amazing. I keep meaning to go back soon. So glad you had a great time in DC. I love it here. DC is a great city.

Anonymous said...

I love visiting cities in the rain. Unless I've forgotten my umbrella!

TexaGermaFinlaNadian said...

Have a great trip, and escape for some site seeing time :)