Seven Things

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I'm not one who would normally pass along blog awards, but Ajax had given me such a lovely introduction on her site, I couldn't pass it up. Besides, all the 'Versatile Blogger Award' requires is for me to blab about myself, which is more or less what I do anyways. So, without further ado, seven things you may or may not know about me:

1. I love to make food, almost as much as I love to eat food.


2. I'm a computer science PhD student (i.e., I'm an intellectual masochist).

3. I watch way more crime television shows than should be legally allowed (see 'intellectual masochist' comment above).

4. I love the outdoors. Mostly for the stars at night.

5. I have a strange fondness/obsession with hexagons. Iznik tiles, quilts, greeting cards, jewelry, no matter.

6. I'm rather tall.

7. I love to kick mushrooms. It's pretty awesome.

As part of this whole Versatile Blogger shebang, I get to choose another blog to honor with the award. I've chosen Allison of Welcome to My Home. I love watching fellow seamstresses and DIYers grow in their skills. Sharing one's discoveries is one of my favorite aspects of the blog community, and Allison's blog does a great job of that :)




12 comments:

Stephanie said...

Love the illustrations! : )

Unknown said...

If I had known you were a mushroom kicker....haha so funny!

The fire looks really neat!

Unknown said...

I LOVE KICKING MUSHROOMS!!! They just explode! It's like being a kid again!

Sam W. said...

hahaha!!! i love hexagons too! great facts :)

Stephanie said...

Hahaha... Ok, I am so glad I'm not the only mushroom-kicker out there!!!

Atley said...

Kicking mushrooms is lots of fun, it recently rained and I Got lots of them popping up. So much fun to run around kicking them! LOL

rainmelon said...

8) As evidenced in #6 -- "I like to take pictures of my feet ... and of myself looking at my feet." =)

Anonymous said...

love reading your seven things! And I love the little illustrations :)

Jenna @ LaFemmeLaFanciful.com said...

I loved reading these seven things! :) And kicking mushrooms is the best.

Kaylia Payne said...

I have never kicked mushrooms, it sounds fun! A PhD in computer science? Wow. That's really cool! And great illustrations :)

shopgirl said...

i just stumbled upon your blog and I thought this post was cute and fun! I like geometric shapes too! And I think it's cool that you're so smart and a computer geek.

Cheers!

Reese
http://rambleswithreese.etsy.com
http://rambleswithreese.blogspot.com

Anna said...

Love the illustrations! So you're clever AND arty!
X