Homemade Eggnog Time

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Annual Cohort Holiday Dinner (Blurred)

Well. It's that time of year again. Time for my annual 'cohort' holiday dinner party, otherwise known as the yearly event in which ~10 people consume more eggnog than most small countries.

Egg Nog (Blurred)

We consumed 20 eggs in eggnog form. No joke.
I also made some chronically mediocre peanut butter cookies, that make a brief appearance in this photo of my living room (hiding under the parchment paper). May we never speak of them again.

Holiday-Decorated Living Room

I'll probably do a later review of SmittenKitchen's Couscous and Feta Stuffed Peppers, that were one of two entrées I made for the event. They were tasty, but not mind-blowing, unlike the spinach and chickpeas which are a.m.a.z.i.n.g.

Blurry Stuffed Peppers

I made dessert the night before, and the two main dishes in the two hours right before the party, without a hitch. All-in-all, I'd say it was a success. A very tasty success :)

Recipes

2 comments:

Kris said...

Looks like a great time! I love peanut butter cookies and find that the Betty Crocker receipe works great.

h said...

Yeah, usually I only do untried recipes for this dinner party if I think they're safe; traditional holiday cookies are usually pretty safe. My guess is I didn't distribute the baking soda evenly. Oh well.

Everything else turned out really awesome :)