2012: The Year of the Crock Pot

Sunday, February 5, 2012


The joys of slow cookers are shouted from the tops of mountains by those of the 9-5 class, "I put it in the Crock Pot in the morning, and when I come home at 6pm, dinner is done!" The problem with this, is that I do not work 9-5. My work schedule is so flexible, it's best described as 11am-11pm, with working hours sporadically dispersed throughout that 12 hour time period. And this is how I foresee myself waking up ~3 hours before I usually do to perform slow cooking prep work.

Welcome to 2012, the year of the Crock Pot.

5 comments:

missris said...

Oooh got any good recipes? I've been unimpressed with my crock pot dinners in the past.

Atley said...

What I do is I put my Oatmeal in that thing the night before I have to wake up really early. Spice it up with cinnamon, brown sugar, and a few blue berries, and in the morning I wake up to a wonderful aroma of breakfast.

Stephanie said...

Can you believe I don't have a crockpot? I got one for my wedding over 9 years ago and it never worked (it was faulty and never got hot enough). I've been wanting to buy a new one ever since and I never have. I think I might have to just go get one!

Tiffany Kadani said...

I love my crock pot!

memory said...

we're all about the crockpot in this family.

SoUtHeRnPiNkY.bLoGsPoT.cOm