Success: Southwest Style Brisket + friends

Wednesday, February 8, 2012


So. About that Crock Pot. I put it to good use with SmittenKitchen's southwestern pulled brisket, along with the recommended green onion slaw and quick pickled onions. And we shall now spend the next six meals feasting on beef brisket, red cabbage, and vinegar onions.

Final remarks: intermediate-level effort required, then followed by three days of lazily stuffing oneself with tasty, spicy brisket tacos. I would maybe cut down a little of the chili powder next time.

With the food cooking without intervention, we were good to set off on the epic distraction that is the 9 hour Lord of the Rings trilogy movie marathon. 'Perfect use for a slow cooker.






9 comments:

Rosie said...

Omnomnomnom! Those look so tasty! I don't like beef, but spicy beef... I might have to try it.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmm..... That looks really good. I'd probably still put sour cream on the top, but otherwise, perfect.

Tiffany Kadani said...

Goodness! This looks amazing!

Atley said...

man, just the vinager onions would make it worth my while! and funny that you have a Vizio TV, cause i do too!

The Zadge said...

I'm considering getting a crock pot, so really looking forward to your adventures with it!

Hannah {Culture Connoisseur} said...

Ooooh those look good, and that's coming from someone who doesn't eat meat! You know it's gotta be good when that happens. LOL.

rooth said...

Oh wow - this is my type of night. Brisket AND LOTR!? Are we twins?!

Sam | Away She Went said...

Those look amazing! I'm trying these for sure...and maybe I'll have a LOTR marathon while they cook too!

aki! said...

I am so attracted to that beef. Oh man... brisket.