Semi-Success: Pudding Pudding

Wednesday, May 30, 2012


The bread pudding that I posted about a week ago spurred a pudding kick, and so I decided to make some standard homemade dessert puddings with our ice cream making leftovers (so.much.dairy). This effort took the form of Black Tea Pudding from TheKitchn (only, I used a loose leaf Russian earl gray tea) topped with a halved version of TheKitchn's DIY Pudding (with one lemon's zest tossed in). The earl gray pudding came out a bit too runny and the lemon pudding came out a bit too creamy, but when you stack them on top of each other, you have a close to correct consistency, yay?

Doesn't matter, the flavor of the earl gray tea is heavenly. Like, I want to stick my head in a bucket of it. For now, I'll have to settle with a tiny jam jar.

3 comments:

rooth said...

Oh that looks good - regardless of consistency!

Unknown said...

tea pudding! new concept for me, sounds refreshing!

Jamie said...

Now I'm craving pudding.....