Success: Peach & Crème Fraîche (& Streusel) Pie

Friday, August 24, 2012

I had some leftover pie dough from the berry-picking pie, since I apparently do not read and am not aware when I'm making a double batch of dough. My loss is...my gain? I made Smittenkitchen's Peach and Crème Fraîche Pie to use up the leftovers. A brilliant choice, if I do say so myself.

Creamy and peachy and screaming of summer, this pie is delicious. I do wonder if one could swap out sour cream for the crème fraîche. I wonder what the end result would be?

I also made little dough-free baked peaches with some leftover crème fraîche and streusel bits. Amazing. Maybe even more amazing than the pie. I need to bake more peaches. Speaking of peaches, have you seen this?


3 comments:

Margaret said...

Oh man... I just had breakfast and you just made me rehungry. You rehungered me? Looks luxurious.

Stephanie said...

Reading this post felt like torture! My husband and I are way early to a wedding reception and waiting in the car for cocktail hour to start... And now my stomach is growling! ;-)

rooth said...

Oh maaan that looks so tasty