The Daily Grind

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Green Lake in Seattle
I have to admit, this 9-5 (er, 9-6, not including over an hour of commuting) is mentally draining. Ordinarily, my work time is spread out over an entire day. So, if I want a three hour lunch break to refine my knitting technique, I take a three hour lunch break. Some days I work three hours and some days I work thirteen hours. It all works out. But this 9-6, it's work just to adjust to it.

I've slowly learned to truly appreciate the weekend. To get out on my bicycle (and off my butt) and really absorb the city. It's almost hard not to, when there's places like this (Green Lake) so close by. As long as I can ignore that tired and lazy 9-6 voice inside my head...

Green Lake in Seattle
Green Lake in Seattle
Green Lake in Seattle
Green Lake in Seattle

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Isn't Washington the best?! There are times I really want to move somewhere else, but I don't know how I could ever leave the beauty of this state. I need to be near mountains and the ocean. : )

rooth said...

I'm loving my flex schedule but at the same time, a little bit more structure would be nice. Just a teensy bit more to keep me from wasting time