Wednesday, October 31, 2012
This is what a Yeti-ham Lincoln looks like at one in the morning.
Anyways. I had the pieces of the slutty yeti Halloween costume from last year, but it needed something...new. Like a fur vest to replace the fur bra, and a Lincoln hat with attached beard (obviously). The vest is a really easy no sew fur vest, which is basically a circle with two arm holes cut in it. It was an option from last year, to be a normal yeti, but I've typed up the directions in the image below in case your costume needs a fur vest, too:
- BYOV's How To: Yeti Hat or Simplicity pattern 2853 (gorilla hat)
- BYOV's No Sew Fur Vest or Costume Goddess' How To Cover a Costume Bra (with faux fur)
- BYOV's Simple Elastic-Waist Skirt Tutorial (faux fur + lined with blue cotton fabric with pockets in the lining hem)
- BYOV's How To Make Furry Leg Warmers
- BYOV's Faux Fur Fingerless Mitts DIY