日本: Wasabi

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Daio Wasabi Farm

Did you know that you probably have never had real wasabi? You've probably been dipping your chopsticks in a horseradish-mustard mix your whole life and never even knew it.

It's okay. I've had wasabi that was so real, it was in ice cream and you're probably not missing much. Unless, of course, you're a wasabi connoisseur in which case you've probably already had real wasabi. It's okay.

Daio Wasabi Farm was just another stop in my-magical-tour-of-the-middle-of-nowhere-Japan. It's a pretty grand tour. I even rented a bicycle to get myself from the station to the farm, thereby guaranteeing myself an even grander tour of the area.

What can possibly go wrong?

Wasabi Ice Cream
Wasabi Pavillion
Wasabi Close Up
Windmills from "Dreams"
Lunch at Daio Wasabi Farm
Wasabi through the trees
Bicycling Back through Hotaka
Egret
Bicycling Back through Hotaka
Find more photos on My Flickr.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I knew about the wasabi thing and always wondered what the real thing was like! Glad to know in not missing much. ;-)

Deidre said...

Wow! It looks beautiful, I've known it's not the real thing - so what does the real thing taste like?