Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Inspired by The Savvy Kitchen I've concocted these triple chocolate cookies from cake mix (sometimes, I'm a pinch lazy). And they came out perfect. Not too sweet, just the right level of cake-iness, and they're still moist two days later. Part of this has to do with not over-baking them, which is so easy to do when your cookie batter starts out dark!
I mostly followed this recipe from IAmBaker but I greatly reduced the number of chocolate chips (I like to be able to taste the cookie through the chips), and I also threw in a bit of Nutella (because why not).
Perfect Triple Chocolate Cookies Recipe
Makes about 20-30 cookies (15 small + 9 double-sized)
16.5oz Duncan Hines Devil's Food Cake Mix
1/4c semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Oil cookie sheets.
- Mix cake mix and oil together until no dry spots remain.
- Add eggs and mix.
- Add Nutella and mix.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Place Tbsp-sized balls onto prepared cookie sheets (I made a mix of small and double-sized cookies, and they all came out great).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes (I like to rotate my pans halfway through the process).
- DO NOT OVERBAKE. If your oven thermometer says 350 degrees, take smaller cookies out at exactly 8 minutes. You can leave double-sized ones in for an extra minute. Chocolate cookies are tricky to tell when the edges have begun browning, so it's best to pull them a tiny bit early to maintain moistness.