Success: Perfect Triple Chocolate Cookies [omg]

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Triple Chocolate Cookies

Inspired by The Savvy Kitchen I've concocted these triple chocolate cookies from cake mix (sometimes, I'm a pinch lazy). And they came out perfect. Not too sweet, just the right level of cake-iness, and they're still moist two days later. Part of this has to do with not over-baking them, which is so easy to do when your cookie batter starts out dark!

I mostly followed this recipe from IAmBaker but I greatly reduced the number of chocolate chips (I like to be able to taste the cookie through the chips), and I also threw in a bit of Nutella (because why not).

Perfect Triple Chocolate Cookies Recipe
Makes about 20-30 cookies (15 small + 9 double-sized)
16.5oz Duncan Hines Devil's Food Cake Mix
1/2c oil
2 eggs
1/4c Nutella
1/4c semisweet chocolate chips

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Oil cookie sheets.
  3. Mix cake mix and oil together until no dry spots remain.
  4. Add eggs and mix.
  5. Add Nutella and mix.
  6. Stir in chocolate chips.
  7. Place Tbsp-sized balls onto prepared cookie sheets (I made a mix of small and double-sized cookies, and they all came out great).
  8. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes (I like to rotate my pans halfway through the process).
  9. DO NOT OVERBAKE. If your oven thermometer says 350 degrees, take smaller cookies out at exactly 8 minutes. You can leave double-sized ones in for an extra minute. Chocolate cookies are tricky to tell when the edges have begun browning, so it's best to pull them a tiny bit early to maintain moistness.
Triple Chocolate Cookies

1 comments:

Rebecca Thering said...

These look divine! Unfortunately I'm without an oven for the year here... I'll just have to wait!