Man Hats

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Botanic Hat

It's not the first time I've knitted up Stephen West's Botanic Hat. And now I've done 3. They're speedy, use up a little less than a full ball of yarn in the main color, and only around a quarter of a ball in the contrast color (allowing me to make three hats with the tonal gray).

A pleasure to knit up, I can pump one of these out in less than a day. And J (owner of the first of said hats) gets compliments on it from other dudes. Enough so that I made the blue version at the behest of his cousin from some stash yarn: worsted weight KnitPicks Wool of the Andes [Tonal] and Elann.com's Peruvian Pure Alpaca.

Botanic Hat
Botanic Hat
Botanic Hat

4 comments:

Rebecca Thering said...

Wow, these look really great! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I wish I had the patience to learn to knit.

My Garden Diaries said...

They are awesome! The PERFECT man hats for sure! Love them! Happy knitting!

missris said...

Oooh I might need you to teach me how to knit. These are awesome!