Success: Red Lentil Soup [omg]

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Red Lentil Soup

Orangette's Red Lentil Soup is pretty much the best soup ever.

J laughed when I said that this soup reminds me of bus stops in Turkey. Not a glamorous image? Maybe a more wholesome, developed version of the yellow lentil soup I'd get at bus stops in the middle of the night as our bus crossed the country. Every time I have this soup, I'm transported back into the body of 20-year old me, dipping cheap bread into a yellow hearty soup, halfway through an overnight bus ride to somewhere amazing.

Even if this soup doesn't transport you back to a younger more adventurous self, the taste alone is fantastic. 'Explains why this isn't the first time I've made it.

Red Lentil Soup
Check out that sexy new 1-cup Pyrex ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not, I've never had lentil soup before. I do put lentils in my chicken soup if I have it on hand but never had plain lentil soup.

rooth said...

Mmmm I'm all about lentils - I've got to try this recipe. Thanks Iris!