Wednesday, June 3, 2015
I've adapted this tutorial for making felt asparagus from Une Ame D'Enfant: Légumes en feutrine : champignons, asperges, carottes, poireaux. It's in French, but no worries, here it is below with some of my adaptations.
- Cut felt rectangle: 2.5" wide by 3" tall. This will produce an asparagus stalk that is about 3" tall, if you want a longer stalk, cut the rectangle taller.
- Taper top of rectangle, 1/2" shorter on one side.
- Draw line 1/2" under taper then cut the triangles out. The triangles will be about 1/2" tall (because of the line).
- Cut 2 top edges of triangles out of felt, focusing on the top and shorter side of the rectangle
- Roll felt, starting with the tallest end of the taper.
- Sew edge of roll. I used a simple overhand stitch.
- Cut little triangles from scrap felt.
- Hot glue triangles to asparagus. I use about 3-4 per stalk.