Southern Spain Trip: Seville

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Seville's Alcazar

So, I'm back from a fantastic 11 day family vacation to Southern Spain! Spain is one of those countries I was never particularly interested in (mostly because it makes no use of my French, Arabic, or Turkish), but after this trip, I'm a changed woman! There was a fantastic amount of Moorish architecture and Islamic-inspired tiles to die for. The food was almost always fantastic and it was easy enough to muddle our way through transactions without much/any Spanish (uno mas, por favor!).

We began with Seville, Spain which doesn't incredibly cater to tourists, so it was nice to see what the locals are up to. Staying out at cafes until midnight while their children play on the nearby playground. We ate some delicious tapas, and had way too many sangria atop our hotel's rooftop bar. We wandered around the Plaza de España, and even saw the Alcázar, where the Dorne scenes from 'A Game of Thrones' is filmed. Drop dead gorgeous!

Patio de la Alameda
Enjoying the rooftop bar
Around Seville
Underwater duck
Plaza de Espagna
Seville's Alcazar
Seville's Alcazar
Seville's Alcazar
Seville's Alcazar Metropol Parasol
Seville's Alcazar
Around Seville

Seville, Spain, 3 days
Cordoba, Spain, 1 day
Granada, Spain, 2 days
Marbella, Spain, 3 days
Ronda, Spain, 1 day

1 comments:

My Garden Diaries said...

I have always wanted to go to Spain! And now you have just reaffirmed the fact that I must go before I die....Your photos are outstanding and how lovely to really mingle and experience the city like a local! Nicole