Success: Pumpkin Chiffon Pie

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Still, more pumpkin puree left!

This Pumpkin Chiffon Pie Recipe from TheKitchn is just so damn complicated. Light and puffy pumpkin filling in a Nilla wafer crust. The vanilla punch from the Nilla wafers is nice, but next time I'd probably use a graham cracker crust, less sweet. Oh. And the pre-mixture of gelatin and liquor kept solidifying. It's best to keep it in a plastic bag submerged in warm water until you need it.

I don't really think I'll be making this again, unless I'm in the mood for something overly-complicated.


4 comments:

{Ashley} said...

Your crust looks perfect!

rooth said...

It looks beautiful - and I'm sure it was tasty too

Unknown said...

Girl, all of this talk of pumpkins, and yet another fabulous yeti costume this year....love you more every post. :)

Atley said...

I just bought my first sugar pumpkin for baking, and I am excited to start making all those wonderful pumpkin desserts and breads! yummy, you have made my day, going home and starting on that!