Success: Tabouli Salad

Sunday, November 18, 2012


I'm pretty much in love with tabouli. I've taken this recipe from epicurious and done some modifications per the commenters.

Ingredients
  • 3 bunches finely chopped flat leaf parsley
  • 1 cup chopped fresh mint
  • 1 cup bulgur
  • 1 chopped firm tomato
  • 1/2 onion (I prefer sweet onions
  • 1/2 cup extra Virgin olive oil
  • 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 1-2 lemons' worth)
  • salt and pepper to taste

Directions
  • Boil the 1 cup of bulghur for 20 minutes and drain.
  • While the bulghur drains, place the chopped tomatoes, chopped onions, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
  • Stir the bulghur into the bowl.
  • Add the chopped parsley, mint, and olive oil. Stir.
  • Add additional lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste.
  • Serve cold, with either pita or lettuce leaves.

1 comments:

Jeanie said...

Hi, Iris,

Thanks for coming by the Marmelade Gypsy to visit Lizzie Cosette! I've been looking down your blog and lots (like this recipe) resonates, but what I'll really hold is (and I'll mess this up) number 10 on your list of scientific observations -- about how you need referenced sources to back up an opinion. You referred to it in science but sometimes I think in life that would be good!