Diamond Strings Quilt Throw: Overview

Friday, October 9, 2015

Diamond Strings Quilt Done!

No incredibly lengthy series of posts for this simple throw quilt. Just How To Quilt as You Go Scrappy Strings Quilt. It came out pretty lovely. And it's a genius at using up scraps, not requiring perfection, and just being an overall speedy delight to put together.

I had all the materials necessary to make this entire quilt. I didn't buy a scrap of fabric, thread, or batting. Now I know I've got a serious stash. I wish I'd paid a bit more attention when sewing the strings to the batting, as occasionally I'd have to hand sew some edges down. My lack of attention to detail really bites me sometimes.

This one's destined for my advisor, who's had to put up with me for seven years!

Diamond Strings Quilt Done!
Diamond Strings Quilt Done! (back)
Diamond Strings Quilt Done! (back)
Quilt Tags!
Be verrrrrry careful when quilt-as-you-go ing

0 comments: