London Conference

Sunday, September 30, 2018

River Thames in London
A few months back I was in London for a week-long conference. I got there early to adapt to jet lag, which resulted in some fun tromping around my AirBnB neighborhood and elsewhere. Even snuck in some afternoon tea.

On my first day in town, freshly arrived off the plane, I sat on London's Best Bus Route for Tourism (11) and let it take me past all the sights.
Harrod's
Westminster

The next day I bummed around my AirBnB, went to afternoon tea and flopped around the British Museum to see...all of the Parthenon. I've seen its exterior twice, so why not the interior?! They have some very defensive propaganda on why Britain should keep these Greek artifacts instead of...you know, Greece. Good times.
The British Museum
Line for the Rosetta Stone
london-18 The Parthenon in the British Museum
The Parthenon in the British Museum
The Parthenon in the British Museum
The Parthenon in the British Museum

Somewhere in there I squished in a walking street art tour which was a nice way to see another part of London and experience the Indian food of Brick Lane.
Street Art Tour
Street Art Tour
Street Art Tour
Street Art Tour
Street Art Tour
Street Art Tour
Street Art Tour
Street Art Tour Street Art Tour
Street Art Tour
Street Art Tour
Street Art Tour

In my last couple days I took the metro all the way out to Kew Gardens, which was lovely.
Greenhouse
Kew Gardens
Roses
Kew Gardens
Kew Gardens
Kew Gardens Kew Gardens
Bonsai
Kew Gardens
Lavender
Kew Gardens
Hedges Kew Gardens
Leading
Japanese Landscape
The rest of my 11 days was eaten up by a very lengthy and very productive conference! It was great catching up with all my old research buddies and exploring Camdentown, Notting Hill and the area around UCL.
Camden Town
Notting Hill
Dalek in the window

1 comments:

rooth said...

Dalek! Are you going to catch the new season of Dr Who?