Success: Spinach, Bacon, Cheese Egg Bake

Sunday, October 10, 2021

Spinach, Bacon, and Cheese Egg Bake

Apologies for the nighttime photo, but it's all I have! I adapted the above egg bake from ASavoryFeast's Spinach, Bacon, and Feta Egg Bake for some friends when they returned from their terribly delayed, re-routed international flight. (We may've had a slice, too, on our way out the door that morning).

I added in ~10 or so strips of bacon, instead of 5. Likely doubled the quantity of spinach, used 10 eggs instead of 12, and replaced the feta with sliced Swiss Cheese and Shredded Cheddar. So...I basically followed the recipe for cooking times only, lol.

The recipe is good, but I think I over-salted it, or maybe added too much extra cheese and bacon, and that gave it a pinch too much sodium? I'd certainly make this recipe again, but maybe drop all the salt!

0 comments: