Closet Color Schemes?

Wednesday, January 14, 2009


Don't mind the disastrous walk-in closet photo above. I'm in the beginning stages of re-organizing it, but first I need a color scheme. I'm torn between the following options:

  1. Beige, Gold, and Persimmon:
    Photo from ApartmentTherapy
  2. Gemtones: Cornflower Blue, Olive Green, Goldenrod, Rose Pink:
    Photo from ApartmentTherapy
  3. Lime Green and Neon Orange:
    Photo from ApartmentTherapy

There is, of course, the small matter of the purple trunk that needs to be covered and hidden somewhere, as none of the proposed color schemes really include purple.

I'm taking some inspiration from Printing by Hand and hand printing my own undyed muslin to cover any necessary storage boxes.

And naturally, the proposed color schemes don't really go along with the rest of my apartment's color schemes. Not the (1) golden yellow and medium gray of the bedroom, nor the (2) red, blue, and yellow of the kitchen, nor the (3) turquoise, lime green, black&white of the office area, nor the (4) red, orange, miscellaneous of the living room, nor the (5) pink and chocolate of the bathroom. Or maybe it works better this way. I guess there sort of are some complementary color pallets in there, somewhere.

0 comments: