Success: Dijon-Braised Brussels Sprouts [omg]

Wednesday, January 18, 2012


You guys. These Dijon-braised Brussels Sprouts from SmittenKitchen are one of my new favorite dishes. It may even rival my love of Moroccan Spinach & Chickpeas. I could eat it all day, or for several days, as I did for the past two. This was even after serving it at this year's dinner party. It's good, it's green, and it's relatively painless to put together.

Granted, if it's green and a vegetable, I probably want to marry it. But trust me, this one's a keeper. You can substitute out the Brussels Sprouts for another vegetable, if you happen to have a penchant for Dijon mustard and a strong aversion to miniature cabbages.




6 comments:

memory said...

i recently have developed a new appreciation for sprouts. like, really.

and this recipe looks so delish.

southerpinky.blogspot.com

memory said...

* southernpinky.blogspot.com

Sam | Away She Went said...

I've never had brussels sprout before, maybe I'll try them out with this recipe!

Stephanie said...

So, believe it or not I have never had brussels sprouts! Which is weird, considering my love affair with cabbage.

By the way, I made those drunken molasses ginger cookies you posted about back in November. They were a big hit on New Year's Eve!

SARAH said...

I was craving brussels sprouts today. I will have to give this recipe a go!

Sara said...

brussel sprouts and dijon are 2 of my fav things. Just added this to my recipe folder, thanks :)