Success: Roasted Asparagus with Shallots

Sunday, February 19, 2012


This recipe for roasted asparagus with shallots from AllRecipes was sort of selected out of necessity: I had a bunch of asparagus, a couple leftover shallots, and my vegetable steamer was on loan elsewhere. It doesn't get much simpler than tossing the asparagus and sliced shallots with some olive oil and red wine vinegar, then roasting for 20 minutes. The asparagus come out with a slightly browned head, and soft-inside firm-outside stems. Sort of the perfect level of chewiness.

Simple to put together and easy enough to keep the ingredients on hand, this one's a keeper.



5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Asparagus is one of my favorites! No one in my family likes it though, so I never buy it. I might have to pick some up just for me! : )

missris said...

This sounds amazing. I think shallots are underused in recipes but I love them and think they're so flavorful.

nancy said...

oh, man this sounds amazing. I love asparagus - an embarrassing amount.

Stephanie said...

And there's yet another recipe I need to try! ;-)

christine donee said...

ohhhhh yes.