Success: Dark Chocolate Chess Pie [omg]

Wednesday, May 9, 2012


I think I've finally found it! All those times before when I was trying out chocolate cake recipes, I think all along I was wrong, I should have been looking for a chocolate pie recipe. This Chocolate Chess Pie from TheKitchn is essentially a brownie pie, with a chocolate graham cracker crust. But the custard 'chess' is soft and chewy and exactly what I've been searching for. Perfection.

A bonus is that you probably have most of the ingredients on hand (except for maybe chocolate graham crackers). I had to substitute dark cocoa powder for the chocolate cocoa powder, because that's what I currently have stocked. Hence, this pie looks like a black slab on my white plates. But nonetheless. It's soft and chewy and dark chocolate. Chew on that.

Will.make.again.



3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh my word, that looks SO good!

missris said...

This looks amazing.

Az said...

WOW. Are you trying to kill me Iris? Haha. Well that looks AMAZING :D