Kitchen Pegboard Shadows

Sunday, August 18, 2013

We're about to have a week of kitchen updates around here. Because. After updating the bedroom, the kitchen with its fluorescent lighting was next up.

Kitchen Pegboard (Pot & Pan Outlines)

While our kitchen is rather large compared to many Pittsburgh kitchens (about 110 sq ft), we still mounted a 4'X2' pegboard for frying pans, spatulas, and other items we wanted within reach. Or rather, I should say that J mounted the pegboard, as I was still busy living in Seattle at the time. One year later, Pinterest got into my brain a little, and I decided to update the frying pan pegboard a la Domino Magazine. The paint is Behr's "Seaside Sand" which is rather close to the generic beige that's on all our apartment walls. The silver is just whatever the pegboard already was.
  1. I traced the pots where they currently hang onto the pegboard.
  2. Then I cut matching Contact Paper pieces (slightly smaller than the tracings), removed the adhesive background, and placed them inside of the pegboard tracings.
  3. Finally, I just painted over everything, removed the Contact Paper, and added on a coat of Polycrilic for durability (probably should've done two).

Now we have frying pan shadows!
As J says, it's completely unnecessary. But I think it's cute.

Kitchen Pegboard (Pot & Pan Outlines)
Kitchen Pegboard (Pot & Pan Outlines)

7 comments:

Sheryl said...

The shadows are so cute. They may be unnecessary ... but pretty is its own justification.

Sheryl said...

The shadows are so cute. They may be unnecessary ... but pretty is its own justification.

rooth said...

I agree, the shadows are a lovely touch

missris said...

The shadows are awesome. And I'm green with envy over how much kitchen space you have.

Danielle said...

The best things in life are completely unnecessary and those shadows are very cute.

Stephanie said...

That is such a cute idea! It gives it such character when all the pots are in use! I love it!

Unknown said...

Those shadows are great! I love the details.