Isosceles Triangle Quilt Coordinating Pillowcases

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Triangle-edged pillowcases for triangle quilt
I mentioned I had leftover triangles from my isosceles triangle quilt top. So I turned some of them into this coordinating pillowcase (ran out of 'iron' Kona cotton, and none of the local JoAnn's have had it in stock for a month). Fancy triangle trim.

I followed this Magic Pillowcase Tutorial from Organize Your Stuff Now. But instead of using contrasting fabric, I used some leftover isosceles triangle rows cut to 9" X 45". Also, I apparently accidentally cut some of my iron-grey fabric meant for this project into 6.5" wide strips, so I put them back together using French seams. I did not trim that initial 1/4" seam for one of these pillowcases, which I definitely should have. You should, too.

So, French seams + magic pillowcase tutorial means...there are no visible frayed edges on the inside of this pillowcase. Pretty magical indeed.

Inside Out Pillowcase - No frayed edges!
DIY'ed Pillowcase with contrast fabric
Triangle-edged pillowcases for triangle quilt

  1. How To: Cut Isosceles Triangles Without Templates 10/13/2013
  2. How To: Assemble an Isosceles Triangle Quilt Top 10/16/2013
  3. Step 1: Isosceles Triangle Quilt Top Completed 10/18/13
  4. TARDIS Applique 10/27/13
  5. Coordinating Pillowcases for the Isosceles Triangle Quilt 11/6/13
  6. Step 2: Isosceles Triangle Quilt Backing Assembly 3/18/15
  7. Step 3: Isosceles Triangle Quilt Sandwich-ing 4/1/15
  8. Attaching the TARDIS Applique 4/8/15
  9. Step 4: Machine Quilting the Isosceles Triangle Quilt 4/15/15
  10. How To: Continuous Double Bias Binding Strips 4/22/15
  11. Step 5: Binding the Isosceles Triangle Quilt 4/29/15
  12. A Review of the Isosceles Triangle Quilt 5/6/15

1 comments:

My Garden Diaries said...

That is brilliant! It looks beautiful paired with your quilt and is so unique! Lovely work lady!