Friday, April 15, 2016
A brief distance outside of Adelaide is the Adelaide Hills wine region. My family and I went to McLaren Vale, specifically:
- Hugh Hamilton: a modern glass encircled shop set in the middle of fields of grapes
- Samuel Gorge: a small cottage winery with picnic blankets on the grass and large vats of drying grapes.
- Fox Creek: another cottage winery set in the middle of a quaint garden
- S.C. Pannell: a modern venue with large patio and sweeping views of the surrounding hillsides
The wine-tastings are free and the bottles are all reasonably priced. It's like Napa Valley before all the hype!! We bought around 6 bottles, but they were all consumed by the time we left a week later!
After all the wine, we headed to Victor Harbor where a veil of fog had descended upon the town. Pretty spooky!
- Australia-New Zealand Three Week Trip
- Around Adelaide
- Adelaide Fringe Festival
- Adelaide's Cleland Wildlife Park
- Adelaide Hills Wineries in McLaren Vale
- Sydney, Australia
- Hobbiton, New Zealand
- Rotorua, New Zealand
- Around Auckland, New Zealand