Australia: Sydney

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Sydney Opera House and a pirate boat
Well, after that photo, there's no getting around it: my family and I headed to Sydney after Adelaide. I also had an extra day there right before my flight back to the 'States, but that's getting ahead of myself!

Sydney was a lovely city. Our base was Darling Harbor which is a lovely place to go to dinner. We walked to Circular Quay and took a ferry boat ride around the harbor, before nibbling on a cheese platter in the shadow of the Opera House. Apparently, all of young adult Sydney enjoys hanging out at the Opera House wharf. It was packed with revelers.

There's a pretty convenient train that takes 15 minutes from the airport to the city, making quick trips pretty breezy if you book your hotel in the right spot. I also wandered around Sydney's historic district, The Rocks, but mostly I shopped and ate. Easter chocolate bilby, anyone?!

Darling Harbor
Sydney Harbor
Sydney Opera House from the other side
Sydney Harbor
Sail boats!
The Rocks
Sydney Parks
Ibis Investigates Trash Can A Flat White and a French Dessert at La Renaissance
Chocolate Coverd Bilbies!!
Austraaaaaaaalia

1 comments:

rooth said...

That's a lovely iconic shot of the opera house