Intelligent Tutors N'at

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Intelligent Tutors N'@

This past week I attended the Intelligent Tutoring Systems 2010 conference in Pittsburgh. I've learned to really appreciate these learning sciences conferences, not just for the opportunity to discuss my work (and that of others'), but also for the rather close-knit feeling fostered by this community.

Anyways, I thought the student volunteer T-shirts were really appropriate, as it highlights some local Pittsburgh-ese. "N'@" is a goofy way of writing "N'at" (pronounced in-AT), which in Pittsburghese means "and that" or "etcetera." There's lots of other Pittsburgh colloquialisms, detailed in Wikiepedia>Pittsburgh English but I can also come up with a few sayings specific to my home-region of Philadelphia. Are there any unique ways of saying things in your neck of the woods?

0 comments: