Spaghetti Squash

Wednesday, February 29, 2012


Have you ever made spaghetti squash? You stab it a few times with a knife, microwave it for 10 minutes, cut it in half length-wise, remove the lose pulp & seeds, then carve out the entire insides with a fork. You can then eat it as is, or treat it like pasta (i.e., throw some sauce and cheese on it). It's kinda nice if you're trying to follow a low-carb diet, but I was never one much for pasta dishes to begin with.

One squash will give you about 4 servings, so there's that.




I call this photo "Running Spaghetti"

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I've always wanted to try this...

Stephanie said...

Ooh, I've never tried this before. Haha, maybe I can trick my husband into thinking it's actual pasta, because he is really not a fan of squash. ;-)

memory said...

MMM, I love squash and spagetti so I'm sure this would equal perfection for me.

Hope your weekend is full of happies.

SoUtHeRnPiNkY.bLoGsPoT.cOm

Margaret said...

OHHH! OHHH! This is one of my favourite, favourite meals. I have to admit, some days I pretty much just eat spaghetti squash and nothing, nothing else....

Brittany R. Jones said...

How do well-qualified people scrape together Luna Trim Reviews desirable how to burn fat fast for women cautions? They're looking at some circumstances.
http://www.healthytalkzone.com/luna-trim/