Sh*t I've Bought

Wednesday, March 14, 2012


You guys. I was having a terrible skin day (more aptly described as a terrible skin weekend) and cheered myself up by purchasing all the skincare products I've been eyeing for months. Of course, by the time everything arrived my skin was alright again, so they instead served to cheer me up while I was ill these past couple weeks. It's nice how treating oneself every once and awhile can make the crappier parts of life slightly less crappy.

This splurging consisted of an assortment of facial care products from Mountain Rose Herbs (which I first heard about through a blog guest post elsewhere) and an 85% natural perfume oil sampler set from MCMC Fragrances. The hidden ingredients of mass manufactured perfumes have been freaking me out a bit lately. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with my shampoo-free attempt.

I am actually loving smearing green mud on my face on a regular basis. There's something about drying French clay pinching the face that convinces my gullible mind that it's "working." So far, these two approaches below have been working to increasingly soften my skin, without too many/any artificial ingredients. So that's a start to calming my paranoid self.


Mountain Rose Herbs Herbal Facial kit steps

My new "lazy" day skincare routine, with Mountain Rose Herbs Herbal Facial scrub, Josie Maran Organic Argan Oil, and Lush's Tea Tree Water Toner (i.e., some stuff I already had lying about the house)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your skin care routine has more steps than mine, so consider yourself high maintenance....

Jamie said...

I did the same thing last week - suffered from bad skin, went out and bought the stuff I'd been craving - I love indulging that way occasionally.

h said...

Allison- so long as you're protecting your skin from the sun and it works for you, go for it. My skin is so finicky, sometimes I have to give into its whining, lol.

Jamie- Next, it'll be new shoes for my aching feet...hahaha