Peach & Blueberry Upside Down Cake

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Peach Blueberry Upside Down Cake

Using two ripe peaches and half a carton of blueberries, I whipped up this upside down cake from TheKitchn's master recipe. The process was simple enough, even with dried out, clumpy brown sugar. Single layer fruit cakes are pretty much the best thing in the summer. Get on this recipe. Now.

...if only I could figure out how to not turn my entire kitchen into a giant furnace when I'm baking.

[Edit: I do not really recommend refrigerating this cake. The cake part gets super dense.]

Peach Blueberry Upside Down Cake
Peach Blueberry Upside Down Cake

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh my word, that looks phenomenal.

Alicia | Jaybird: Home in Motion said...

I'm doing some very unattractive drooling over that gorgeous cake. Peach + blackberry, mm!

If you're looking for good hot-weather recipes, Emily of Sparrow in the Treetop and I are doing a summer Anti-Cooking Series of all raw, cool recipes for summer. The next one will be up tomorrow on Jaybird! :)

Alicia / Jaybird

My Garden Diaries said...

That is one gorgeous cake!!! I am thinking that we need to rock this one out!!! YUMMMM!!!

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

Wow. Almost too beautiful to eat.

Jillian said...

YES. This looks so awesome. Quintessential summer dessert!