Success: Lemon Lavender Cake

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Lemon Lavender Cake

In doing some pantry-ish reorganization, I rediscovered some dried lavender flowers stashed in some random corner of a cabinet. And immediately used them for this lovely cake. A Lemon Lavender Loaf Cake from DessertsForBreakfast. I've made this cake twice now. Once as a snack for friends watching my conference practice talk and once for my dissertation proposal audience. If you've got to stand up and yap in front of a room full of people, they might as well have bellies full of interesting cake.

Oh, and lest you think the lemon icing is optional...it is not. Unless you want to eat a lavender-only cake, sans lemon.
Also, don't put all the lemon juice into the icing at once. Put a little in at a time, mixing in between, until you reach your ideal icing consistency. I've found that the recommended amount of lemon juice ends up making it way too runny.

Lemon Lavender Cake

1 comments:

My Garden Diaries said...

Goodness does this look amazing! Lemon and lavender sound like the most perfect pairing lady! And it looks divine as well! I will have to give it a go...hope you are well! Nicole xo