Un-motivational Music

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Rainbow in Scotland

Six reasons why you should not have Radiohead's "In Rainbows" playing on continuous repeat in your car during the same period of time in which you're writing your dissertation proposal (aside from the well-known fact that Radiohead is not known for being motivational):

1. Faust ARP
"We thought you had it in you
But no, no, no"

2. Bodysnatchers
"I have no idea what I am talking about"
"I have no idea what you are talking about"

3. 15step
"How come I end up where I started?
How come I end up where I went wrong?"
(The whole song, really)

4. Nude
"Don't get any big ideas
they're not gonna happen"
(taken completely out of context)

5. Four Minute Warning
"I don't wanna hear it
I don't wanna know
I just wanna run and hide
This is just a nightmare"

6. Up on the Ladder
"Give me an answer
Give me a line
I've been climbing up this ladder
I've been wasting my time"

It's not all completely hopeless. Go Slowly claims "But now I can see/That there's a way out/That there's a way out/That there's a way out". At least I've finally found the other side, no thanks to Thom Yorke and company.

2 comments:

Alicia | Jaybird said...

Yikes, that does sound like the opposite of motivational. Glad though that you're seeing a way through despite the music!

My Garden Diaries said...

Got a kick out of this one! Good luck getting it done!