Success: Rosemary Honey-sweetened Strawberry Jam

Friday, July 4, 2014

Rosemary Honey-sweetened Strawberry Jam Leftovers

After the preserving workshop with Marisa McClellan and u-pick strawberries, I immediately went home and made some small batch Honey-sweetened strawberry jam from 'Preserving by the Pint'. I didn't use quite enough rosemary (less than the recommended amount), so the rosemary flavor is a bit more subtle, but it allows the fresh strawberries to take more of center stage, which is good because the flavor profile continues to compete somewhat with the wildflower honey I used.

And it is amazing in a cup of Greek yogurt. Fantastic.

Rosemary Honey-sweetened Strawberry Jam
Cooking Strawberries
Reduced Strawberries, passed the sheet test

2 comments:

rooth said...

I'm still slighting scared of the whole preserving process but you make it look so delicious

rainmelon said...

I must now flavor some fruit jam/sauce/compote with rosemary -- such a good idea.