Success: Strawberry Vanilla Jam

Friday, September 16, 2016

Small Batch Strawberry Vanilla Jam

An oldie but a goodie, this is Marisa McClellan's small batch strawberry vanilla jam, and just like the last time I made it I ended up with two half pints instead of three. This time I combined the small batch vanilla strawberry jam recipe with the small batch strawberry thyme recipe, meaning I basically followed the vanilla strawberry recipe, but I replaced half the sugar with a half cup of honey, dropped the lemon zest, and put a whole lemon's worth of juice in at the beginning of the cooking. 'Mostly had to do with the sweetener swap.

'Hopefully it's a little less firm than my last batch. Although considering the yield, I suspect not. I'll figure strawberries out one of these days!

Small Batch Strawberry Vanilla Jam
Small Batch Strawberry Vanilla Jam
Small Batch Strawberry Vanilla Jam
Small Batch Strawberry Vanilla Jam

0 comments: