Tea Review: Tea from Australia

Sunday, March 19, 2017

A delightful colleague of mine from Australia sent a fair amount of some lovely black tea we shared during my visit. These two varietals now reside in my office where I do a careful caffeine balancing act on a daily basis.

Fenqing Yunnan Tea
This Fenqing Yunnan Tea is one of those that only grows on you, the more you drink it much like the old assam TGFOP. The Internet describes this tea generally as "milk chocolate creamy and sweet, with pleasant pepper notes. The flavor becomes earthier and more layered as it cools", and while my tastebuds are not quite refined enough to pick up on the flavor notes, I will say it's a delicious black tea. Just give it a bit of time.

Korakundah Winter Frost Tea
The Korakundah Winter Frost Tea is described by the Internet as "Darjeeling-like mellow, medium-bodied, floral and woody."

0 comments: