The Perfect Shawl

Sunday, March 18, 2018

Uraidla Shawl
New England winters have me wanting to knit again, after a ~2 year hiatus!

I purchased yarn and downloaded a pattern at the Rhinebeck Yarn Festival this past autumn, and just recently put the finishing touches on this Uraidla Shawl in O-Wool O-Wash Fingering Weight Yarn in erdenheim, a subtle blue-gray color. The simplicity of the garter stitch balances the froofiness of the lace, and the pom-poms are just an added bonus of nonsense on top. I really like this pattern. It's fairly easy 2/3 of the way through (garter & lace), and then starts adding in tricky elements - a braid and one million knit baubles.

Next up, I have 3 skeins of some old Rowan 4ply Soft destined for another of these shawls. It's lots of fun, despite the numerous partial frogging I had to endure.

Uraidla Shawl - Blocked
Uraidla Shawl
Uraidla Shawl Uraidla Shawl
Uraidla Shawl
Uraidla Shawl

0 comments: